A perfect marketing strategy does not mean spending thousands of dollars for a jazzy website or for a constantly updated social media account. And it’s not even about having a huge e-mail list. Although these factors are actually important to any marketing system; business owners must first focus on creating the ideal customer avatar. Well, this is not similar to the movie Avatar but a customer avatar is basically a comprehensive profile of the target client of your business. Creating the optimal customer avatar can be considered as the key factor in any marketing system.
A customer avatar is primarily a fictional character which is the best representation of the ideal customer. This character is composed of the essential characteristics of the target market which include psychographic and demographic details. The purpose of creating a customer avatar is to know exactly what type of customers you wish to attract. With the help of the customer avatar, Internet Marketers will be able to know important specifics of their target market such as their passion, sources of inspiration and, of course, know the best technique on how to connect with them.
Key details of the ideal customer avatar
The customer avatar must bring together the facts that are gathered by research through the people that visit a website. Consider all the possible factors, especially the not so obvious ones such as the customer’s expertise, cultural and social environments and as well as their values. It is essential for business owners to clearly define their customer avatar. This will help in making the business closer to their target market and, of course, result in an increase in sales.
Defining the customer avatar will help business owners connect more efficiently to their customers without having to attract the entire business market. This will prevent attracting the wrong crowd and can also push the business in the right direction.
Tips that can help you get to know your market:
- Generate a survey on your website or you can also send out the survey through your mailing list. The purpose of the survey is that you will gain more information about your target market. If you want to post the survey on your website or any other online platform, then it is best to utilize free survey tools like Survey Monkey.
- Check out popular websites or blogs and then read through the comments section. This is actually a trick done by many popular bloggers where they get ideas or topics from the comments section of their site. This is probably one of the best places to get information about your target market unless the comments are generated by a robot.
- Go online and look for relevant sites where you can read forums that are well within your business;
- Check your competition through their website or social media accounts. This can be a good way to gain more clients and as well as define your customer avatar which can, of course, lead to more benefits in the future.
- Use a tool that can help you know the latest in your chosen field or industry.
Did you get value from this post? Did you learn something new from How to Create the Perfect Customer Avatar? I invite you to SHARE or COMMENT to your choice of social media platform.
Periscope: Elvia Bravo@elvia___bravo
Do you have any questions let’s connect on Facebook? Click here to chat with me.