Here are 6 Simple Ways to Survive Anxiety
Anxiety weakens everyone whether you are male or female, rich or poor, young and old, and other profiles. It is estimated that over 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18% of the population is suffering from anxiety. Very often, the anxiousness is brought about by the same person suffering from the problem due to personal expectations and image building. And consequently, the person becomes anxious when the outcome is not at par with the expectations set. The issue is even compounded when the supposed treatment of this disease does not work at all. In other words, it is only a patching solution or stopgap measures that are not meant to curb the illness.
Fighting anxiety needs personal action too.
There are simple ways to survive anxiety and these methods, along with doctor’s orders will help you transform from being an anxiety victim to a survivor like myself.
- Think in the present always. It may seem difficult, but it is very easy to do so actually. You can create a simple exercise to help bring your thoughts to the present. Anxiety is often a result of thinking too much about the past and what you failed to do or events that contributed to your being anxious.
- Simplify life. Very often, people tend to commit themselves into so many things; thus, you have to pare down some commitments which are not actually essential to your life. Instead, it acted as distractions like accommodating work which others should have done instead or meeting clients which do not have the intention to do business with you for example.
- Liberate your mind with ideas. Instead of holding on to your memory, why not jot down all ideas in your head and review these things from time to time? A record of schedules, things to do, priorities, and dates or appointments will help your mind relax and get rid of anxiousness when you’re thinking about so many things to do. Once you write it down, you have a clearer picture on the vastness or the simplicity of ideas you want to actualize.
- Learn to relax. People are anxious because they failed to relax or at its best take a rest. They forget the fact that the body needs some rest and doing so will help relieve anxiety and stress to the body.
- Learn relaxing exercises and techniques. For example, a simple breathing exercise helps minimize anxiety as one of the symptoms of anxiety is shallow breathing and shortness of breath which could result from or is a sign of a panic attack.
- Learn how to meditate. Meditation creates mental habits that will help you get out of the anxiety trap. For some, meditation is quite daunting and pleads lack of time as a reason not to do it. Most think that one needs a lot of time in order to meditate when, in fact, you can also meditate for three minutes only at different time intervals during the day.
Anxiety is an emotion and just like other emotions such as happiness, sadness, and love, no amount of prescription drug can help ameliorate emotions.
Periscope: Elvia Bravo @ebravoperez3
P.S. ANXIETY all it needs is personal responsibility from the individual and the inspiration to get rid of negative emotions. If you are challenged with anxiety or know of someone who can benefit from this post SHARE or COMMENT below.