It is indeed daunting when you manage your own home business yet you are not so sure which marketing techniques and strategies will work for your business. It is a breath of relief that social media marketing for home businesses is becoming very popular as one of the most effective networking and marketing strategies nowadays. Social media networks like Twitter and Facebook offer home-based business owners a platform where they can develop their brand and connect with their customers at the same time. With these things in mind, it is important that you should know important factors that will make your social media marketing very effective for your home based business.
WHY Social Media Marketing For Home Businesses
As a small home business owner, you are aware of so many things to accomplish given the fact that you have limited resources. As a result, you cannot compete using conventional marketing strategies. Social media marketing is cheap and provides a direct line to your current customers and prospects. However, you also need to be smart and efficient if you want successful results with social media marketing.
The 7 Tips You Should Know
Remember that the rule of thumb in social media marketing is that it is better to have 500 followers who are consistent when it comes to engagement rather than having 100,000 of them and are just mainly lurking inside your social media network pages. Thus,
- Know your target audience first. You must know the type of people who will benefit from your products or services. Failure to identify your target customers (Niche) is like a chicken running around headless.
- Determine the right platform. You do not have all the time in the world to maintain and update quite a number of social media network pages. Once you are done with determining your target customers, find out which social media platform they congregate. Automation tools that I use are Hootsuite for (Facebook & Twitter) and soon I will be implementing Onlypult for (Instagram). I am also registered on (Linkedin) you do not want all your marketing efforts to be spread to all platforms.
- Think for the long run. Your objectives should not be what message you want to convey at the moment. It should be what kind of relationship you should build with your customers.
- Plan for results. You should be able to determine what you want them to do (Call to Action CTA) in your page. Do you want them to share ideas (Comments & Likes), do you want them to help you promote your products (Affiliates) or do you want them to buy your products (Customers) or hire services (Coaching). Knowing the end result will help you determine the type of features and applications that you should embed in your social media page.
- Plan your Content. Planning your “posting schedule,” is essential especially the topics that will be covered. Every day set aside a 30 -60-minute window, or even at the beginning of the week to plan your posting and what platform to use. Think about the “problems” your audience are facing and give “solutions”. Provide VALUE to your audience!
- Use social media (TESTING) analytics. This will help you become more enlightened about the activities surrounding your online marketing in social media network.
- Engage your followers. Do not ignore them, especially if they have queries. Reply to their comments, thank them for sharing your post, solicit ideas from them, or offer rewards.
Periscope: Elvia Bravo @ebravoperez3
P.S. The above tips will give you FOCUS on the essential activities that you should implement. This post is filled with VALUE if you agree, SHARE or COMMENT below. See you on the next post!!!