Most businesses’ definition of social media is that it is a platform to sell. WRONG.
Social media, according to Google, are comprised of websites and applications that let users produce and share content. It is also the venue to connect to social networking. There’s nothing in its definition that pertains to SELLING. So if you do this, it is likely that your friends (or a majority of them) will unfollow, unfriend, block or worst completely ignore you.
SOCIAL media can be a tricky business for businesses — how do you build a virtual following and engage your audience, without annoying them? It’s a fine line, say, experts, who claim it’s all in the delivery.
It’s not called ‘social’ for nothing.
Isn’t it that social media is one effective tool for digital marketing or online selling? You may ask. To answer: Yes, it is, but you should do it using the right techniques to prevent your friends from getting irritated with you.
Here I address 6 Tips How to Use Social Media for Business, particularly if you are in network marketing:
- Leverage what other online or network marketing businesses that have the same ‘niche’ as yours do on their social media accounts. Evaluate their approach and how they become successful using social media to promote their products. Get ideas but never COPY. Be authentic and create your own.
- Become someone that people will choose to follow through Facebook, Instagram, and others outlets. Most of the time, it works to also share your life. Tell them your story, where they will be able to learn something and be encouraged to follow your path. Be different from other businesses that ‘pollute’ their social media accounts or pages with “Buy now,” “Buy this”, and others. Be unique in your approach to selling. Have fun! Make your posts interesting and engaging.
- Offer VALUE to your posts. For example: Don’t just say, “Buy our health and wellness products” and then publish images. Instead, write something about common health issues of people, provide solutions or give helpful tips and then connect your products.
- Do not like pages and then ask the administrators to like yours. That’s a cheap approach to increasing your “likes”. Remember, the number of likes become insignificant when none or only a few of the “likers” engage in your posts. You should not only focus on growing your “likers”, but you should also think about how to connect with them every time you post something.
- Include your photo in the profile and or cover photo. In social media, people connect with people – not things. They need to see the face of the person they will be doing business with in the near future. They need to have an idea of what you look like. More importantly, they need to know you are real.
- You manage your personal social media accounts – that’s for sure. What do you dislike to see in your newsfeed, particularly about the posts of people selling online? What types of posts irritate you? Think about your answers and avoid them. Likewise, research on what your friends want to see on a social media page. Get feedbacks from them first-hand.
Social networking is one of the best approaches to do digital marketing. However, your efforts may not turn out to be a success if you do not use social media correctly. So do consider the above 6 Tips How to Use Social Media for Business.
Periscope: Elvia Bravo@elvia___bravo
Do you have any questions let’s connect on Facebook? Click here to chat with me.
P.S.S. I encourage you to go back through the posts on your social media page. Re-read your posts. Do they sound helpful or desperate?
TIP: Did you know you can go back and EDIT these posts? By doing this, it will clean up your image. I had to do this myself. You know it doesn’t hurt to do a self-check every once and awhile. SHARE and COMMENT below.