Many experts consider blogging as being one of the best strategies in marketing, and that is definitely true. With the help of blogging, you can promote your products and services while also generating a lot of traffic for your business as well. Not only that, but a BLOG also allows you to be seen as an expert in your field of work, especially if you write articles about your industry (niche) and great insights often. And while blogging might sound a little difficult for some business users, I have created a list with some of the best, actionable steps that you can use now in order to become a successful blogger and a stellar writer in your industry.
- Know your Audience. Nothing is more important than knowing your audience. Without having a clear insight in regards to who you are addressing, you won’t be able to get the desired results, and that is truly unfortunate. Study the audience, make sure that you understand what they want to read on your blog and address those ideas or concerns. It might not sound like a lot, but this will surely give you impressive results in the long run.
- Create Valuable Content. Make sure that you create impressive headlines and then follow up with valuable content. Let’s face it, we all want to read content that is helpful and useful when we visit a website, so you should write articles with this in mind. Using correct grammar and generating value based content will help you get the best results as a blogger.
- Write a Clear Call to Action (CTA). Your call to action needs to be clear and to the point, not to mention that it has to be engaging enough in order to generate plenty of leads. You also need to implement ideas that help you generate leads, which include a sidebar, pop-up or top bar opt-ins, as these can bring you an immense value and extraordinary results if you implement them the right way. The same thing can be achieved with in-post forms as well or buttons that lead to them.
- Add Free Offers. Free offers will always boost traffic to your site. Adding in stuff like cheat sheets, free PDF articles or guides, even other types of freebies will make your blog more appealing and well worth visiting.
- Share Buttons. You might have a stellar content, but in order for it to bring the best results, it has to be SHARED. This is why I recommend you to add sharing buttons to the most important social media sites. The more you add, the better. TIP: The plugin I use is Shareaholic.
- Be Consistent. Add in articles often and keep good quality all the time. You don’t blog just to have an online presence, you do that in order to bring a lot of value to the end user, so keep that in mind. I share about this topic in depth: THE POWER OF CONSISTENCY – 5 RULES FOR HOME BUSINESSES.
With the help of these great steps, you won’t have a problem in becoming a successful blogger.
Periscope: Elvia Bravo@elvia___bravo
P.S. Remember, focus on the audience and what it likes, then add on freebies and make the content easy to share, as this will help you keep people interested and acquire even more traffic in the long run! COMMENT or SHARE this post with anyone struggling to take action in their blogging journey.