Home Businesses are now the trend of the future. The government and industry reports indicate that there is an increasing number of men and women now opting to work out of their homes. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports data that about 27 million entrepreneurs are now working at home, most of which are in the professional and services industry.
I’m sure that part of your curiosity is to know “Who Am I” and what makes me successful in sharing ideas about home businesses. It is quite normal for people to probe on qualifications and experiences. In other words, you want integrity on the part of the person sharing ideas to you. Frankly speaking, you are not alone. Many of my family members & friends were quite dismayed. I decided not to pursue a corporate career after finishing my MBA back in July 2014. Some of those individuals told me bluntly that I wasted years of schooling as I did not have plans of practicing what I learn. ¡ay (translation Ouch!)
People nowadays still have biases with regards to working women. There is still that notion that women have to choose between home and career. I choose neither. Instead, I looked for ways by which I can merge the two. I know opportunities will knock but in some cases, you have to look for opportunities on your own.
I decided that I can both rear a family and at the same time nurture a personal career. Yes, for some it quite surrenders but personally, there are just things that you value more than career and material comfort. I was convinced at that time that if I pursue my career plans, it would affect my family. And I choose to protect my family and set an example for my children in the future.
I did not regret my decision to go into a home business. As a recent graduate, I learned that you do not have to give up having a career in order to grow a family. I am fortunate that I live in an era where technology has promoted the idea of home businesses. As such, I was able to hold on to a career and practice what I studied and at the same time watch my child grow, take care of my family, and give my husband the attention that he needs.
In addition, a home business allows me to spend some time with activities I like best such as hot yoga, cycling, and preparing healthy meals for my family.
Indeed, our priorities in life determine the kind of success that we will achieve. In my case, my daughter and my husband take the front seat; thus, a home business is the most convenient option for me.
I want each and every one of you to know 10 reasons WHY to choose a Home Business:
- Financial Freedom (Building a residual income to create freedom)
- Time Freedom (Working around your family and your time)
- Firing your Boss (Quit your JOB and live on your terms. NO more layoffs or being outsourced)
- Increased Income (Six figure+ potential – the sky is the limit)
- Coming home to your children (Being PRESENT every day with them)
- Working when and how you want (Create your own schedule)
- Taking your business with you wherever you go (Work from anywhere on your laptop, mobile phone or iPad)
- Helping other’s and changing lives (Giving those who want a change that chance)
- Personal Growth / Development (Learning who you are, having a purpose and believing in yourself)
- My favorite reason…technically, the “HOME” in a home business could be your 35th-floor glass and steel condo built on the beach in Miami, or the bamboo-laden tropical rainforest getaway built somewhere deep in Asia, your mountain top hideaway overlooking a giant lake or other awe inspired residence that you occupy.
Periscope: Elvia Bravo@elvia___bravo
Do you have any questions let’s connect on Facebook? Click here to chat with me.
P.S.S. My career and family choices merged together afforded me several benefits and most important of all, it is about total personal development. It simply means that I control and manage my Time Freedom so that I can have a career and wonderful family life at the same time. You too can have both. Let’s connect if you’d like to learn more!
My hope that today’s post served you with some valuable takeaways. Please SHARE or COMMENT below of your favorite places you call “HOME” in your home business.